Notice To California Consumers
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California consumers (as defined under CCPA) an explanation of how we collect, use and share their personal information, and of the rights and choices we offer California consumers regarding our handling of the personal information.
WHO WE ARE
International Insurance Group, Inc. (“we”, “us” or “IIG”) provides insurance brokerage and consulting products and services, as well as other financial services and products, to individual clients.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how IIG collects, handles and processes personal information in relation to your access or all of the insurance products, services, websites and apps we offer (collectively, the “Services”), The Notice is a statement of our practices and of rights regarding your personal information and is not a contractual document, and does not create any rights or obligations on either party, beyond those which already exist under data protection laws. This Notice is intended to meet the requirements of the CCPA as amended. Bolded terms not otherwise defined in this Notice have the same meaning as set forth under the CCPA.
This Notice covers those applicable Services offered by IIG in California to consumers and their households, however this Notice does not apply, and excludes Services of our companies, as follows:
- For our offices and operations conducted outside of California
- For our offices and operations with separate privacy policies or that do not incorporate this Notice.
- When we act as a business associate to covered entities in connection with receiving Protected Health Information as defined under the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
- When we collect personal information subject to the Gramm Leach Bliley Act (“GLBA”), such as when you apply for or obtain a financial product or service from us.
- When we act “service provider” (as defined under the CCPA) since we are processing personal information only on behalf of our clients, often pursuant to a written engagement or formal broker of record engagement, and then only to provide our service pursuant to such engagement.
- To personal information that was collected from a consumer in connection with being a job applicant, employee or independent contractor.
- To personal information that is part of certain business-to-business communications.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, USE AND SHARE
We collect personal information (PI) about California consumers as summarized in the table below.
* We work closely with other businesses and companies that fall under NFP affiliates and subsidiaries, which may or may not be NFP branded.
** We will not sell your personal information to third parties other than to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a merger, reorganization, or acquisition of our companies’ business, or a sale, liquidation, or transfer of some or all of our companies’ assets. In these situations, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure any such purchaser uses personal information transferred in accordance with this Notice.
Other than as noted above, we do not sell personal information and have not done so since January 1, 2019.
When required by applicable law, when we share personal information with corporate third-parties we will ensure that such third parties maintain a comparable level of protection of the personal information as set out in this Notice by using contractual or other means. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all liability arising from the use of your personal information by third parties.
We do not knowingly collect online information from children under the age of 13. Our Services are marketed towards corporate entities and adults. If we are notified that we have collected personal information, as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), of a child under the age of 13, we will delete the information as expeditiously as possible.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY RIGHTS
California consumers have the following rights. Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
- Notice. You will be told categories of personal information collected and purpose for collection (as set forth in this Notice)
- Access. You can request (i) categories, specific pieces and sources of, (ii) business purpose for, and (iii) third parties that receive your specific personal information
- Your right to access and receive specific information on your personal information may be subject to additional verification procedures as contemplated or required by CCPA
- Consumers can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on your behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority
- Deletion. You can request personal information be deleted, subject to certain limitations described further in the HOW WE STORE AND KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE section below
- Disclosure. You have the right to be told if personal information sold or further disclosed
- Disclosure of personal information is described in the PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, USE AND SHARE section above
- Selling Restrictions. Consumers have the right to opt-out of any selling of your personal information. We do not sell personal information
You also have the right of non-discrimination for access to our Services should you exercise any applicable rights under the CCPA. You also have a right to submit requests for these rights, including through a toll-free number. See HOW TO CONTACT US Section below.
HOW WE STORE AND KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We implement technical, organizational, administrative and physical measures to help ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we collect, use, disclose and process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to help ensure the security of the processing. Please be aware that, despite our ongoing efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We restrict access to your personal information to those who require access to such information for legitimate, relevant business purposes. We seek contractual commitments of confidentiality, security and proper use from third-party service providers we engage to process personal information.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period that enables us to:
- maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- comply with our record retention requirements under the law and corporate policies;
- defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims; and
- deal with any complaints regarding the Services.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the personal information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The IIG subsidiary providing you Services is primarily responsible for the personal information collected in relation to that Service, and your relationship managers at such firms can serve as a contact for your questions or concerns.
The privacy office for IIG may be contacted as follows:
International Insurance Group, Inc.
c/o NFP Privacy Office
1250 Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 600
Austin, TX 78746
Toll-Free Phone: (866) 824-3817
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to make changes to this Notice at any time consistent with applicable local laws. Such changes, as long as they do not have a fundamental impact on the nature of our processing of your personal information or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, will be posted on our website. We encourage you to review the website and Notice periodically for any updates or changes.
This Notice is effective as of January 1, 2020.