What to do After an Accident, Short Term US Auto Insurance Claims | Mexpro

USA Tourist Auto Insurance Claims

If you have an auto accident in the US with your temporary US auto policy, you must report it immediately to your US Insurance policy (third-party liability policy). Follow the steps listed below.

  1. Report the accident to a US Police Department by calling 911.

  2. Collect the following information from the other driver:

    1. Name

    2. Address

    3. Phone Number

    4. Insurance Company Name

    5. Insurance Policy Number

    6. Names of witnesses and contact information, if any.

  3. Report the accident to National Unity Insurance Company using the following phone numbers:
    1. From US 1-800-554-3498

    2. From Mexico 001-800-554-3498

In Mexico, it is a common procedure for the claims adjuster to be dispatched to the scene of the accident. However, in the U.S this is not the case. All claims must be filed online or over the phone.

It is important that you notify the company, of any communication you receive from the other driver, or their insurance company. If you receive a notification of a lawsuit, claim, or any other type of communication, you must inform National Unity or us, your insurance agent. Depending on the seriousness of the incident, National Unity will make decisions as to how to proceed in each case.

Make sure you have a US insurance policy before an accident, get a quote today!