Who Needs a Temporary Importation Permit for Driving to Mexico?

Posted May 3, 2016 by & filed under Vehicle Import Permit.

Car Registration

Please note: A Temporary Importation Permit (TIP) is ONLY available through Mexico’s Banjercito government agency (website or on the border). Mexpro has no affiliation, authority or connections with this organization. So who does need the Temporary Importation Permit (TIP)? The answer is—not everyone. TIPs are required for vehicles traveling outside the Mexico Free Zone. The… Read more »

How to Clear U.S. Customs When Exiting Mexico

Posted September 1, 2015 by & filed under Border Crossing, Driving to Mexico, Vehicle Import Permit.

U.S. Inspection Station Ahead sign

If you’re driving back from Mexico and entering the US, you will have to clear U.S. Customs. Depending on what you’re carrying, and whether or not customs agents check your vehicle, this process can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Knowing the requirements beforehand can make your experience much smoother. Follow… Read more »

Permiso Temporal de Vehículos

Posted December 17, 2014 by & filed under Vehicle Import Permit.

El obtener un permiso temporal para su vehículo para cuando entra a México puede ser importante dependiendo a donde planea viajar. Puede obtener más información en www.Banjercito.com.mx, sin embargo esperamos proporcionar un breve resumen de las cosas más importantes para los vehículos que pesan menos que 3.5 Toneladas (para las casas rodantes el proceso es… Read more »

Mexico Summer Road Trip Documents

Posted July 16, 2014 by & filed under Auto Insurance, Travel Medical Insurance, Vehicle Import Permit.

Documentation Required for a Mexico Summer Road Trip Passport Typically, when driving across the border into Mexico, the authorities will not require you to show your passport. However, the U.S. Department of State requires all adults arriving from Mexico at the U.S. border to have a passport book, passport card or green card. For additional… Read more »