Mexico Vacation FUN FACTS!
Here are some Mexico Fun Facts. We hope that you find these facts amusing, surprising, and entertaining. And, if you also find them educational, we’ll be very happy!
- The Mexican flag has 3 stripes: green, red, and white. What do they stand for? Well, the green is for hope, the white is for purity and the red is for the blood of the Mexican people
- Mexico City is officially the oldest city in all of North America.
- Mexico gets the credit for introducing chocolate to Europe and Asia! There would be no chocolate bunny without Mexico and no chocolate seduction. Thanks, Mexico!
- Mexico uses a currency called the ‘peso.’ It gets its name from Spain and their money. But, they are different recognized currencies. In fact, many countries use money called the peso.
- The largest bullfighting ring in the world is not in Spain; it’s in Mexico!
- Mexico is home to the oldest living tree in the world.
- Almost 100% of Mexican know how to read. That is WAY better than America’s literacy rate.
- Mexicans came up with the name for the tomato.
- Anthony Quinn was the first Mexican actor to win an Oscar
- Mexico City is not only the oldest city in North America, it’s also the most populated! The population of Mexico City is only a few million less than the entire population of Canada!
- The famous painter Frida was from Mexico