How to Cancel a Vehicle Import Permit without Going to the Border...
In the past is has been extremely difficult to get a straight answer from Banjercito in Mexico on how to cancel an unused Vehicle Importation Permit WITHOUT having to take it AND your vehicle to the border. But it actually can be done, and Mexpro.com's friend Paul, of Mexico RV Forums, has figured it out. Below you can find the information he has shared with Mexpro.
As you may or may not know, it is very important to cancel avehicle importation permit upon exiting Mexico when re-entering the U.S. from Mexico. But there are some instances where this can be very difficult.
- Situation 1...The vehicle was stolen or destroyed (as in a vehicle accident) in Mexico. Or, in the case of a 10-year RV permit, the vehicle is not in Mexico when the permit expires.
- Situation 2...When the vehicle importation permit was ordered online and then never used (the vehicle never crossed the border).
If you find yourself in one of these situations click here to go to MexicoRVForums.com for detailed information on how to remedy this situation.
For More Information on Mexico Vehicle Importation Permits go to Mexpro.com.
- Mexico Vehicle Importation Permit
- Banjercito Website
- Sonora Only Vehicle Importation Permit
- RV 10-Year Vehicle Importation Permit
- Vehicle Import Permit FAQs